Hyper-Targeting Is Personalization On Steroids
Personalization should be an essential part of building a successful advertising campaign. Today, customers want to feel special. They want to know that they are not party of an indiscriminate group of people. While personalization isn’t new, it is becoming increasingly popular amongst consumers. In a recent study published by InstaPage, 80% of all consumers report they are more likely to buy from a brand that offers personalized experiences.
More Stats That Support Personalization:
- 63% of consumers are highly annoyed with generic advertising
- 80% of consumers say they are likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences
- 90% of consumers claim they find personalization appealing
- Personalized emails do 3X better than their batch-and-blast counterparts
- Email remains the most personalized channel
- 98% of marketers overwhelmingly agree that personalization helps advance customer relationships with 79% claiming it has a “strong” or “extremely strong” impact
- 40% of U.S. consumers have purchased something more expensive than they originally planned because their experience was personalized
- 91% of consumers are more likely to shop with brands who provide relevant offers and recommendations
- 70% of millennials are willing to let retailers track their browsing and shopping behaviors in exchange for a better shopping experience
Marketers in large numbers are leveraging hyper-targeting data to facilitate that.
Some Of The Benefits Of Hyper-Targeting:
- Delivery of personalized marketing messages that are relevant to what customers actual want and need
- Higher ROAS (Return On Ad Spend) because brands can reach the right audience not waste ad spend
- Generate more sales by marketing the right offerings to the right customers on the right platforms
How To Get Started with Hyper-Targeting:
To implement personalization and hyper-targeting into your marketing strategy you will need a few things.
- Buyer Personas: Effective hyper-targeting campaigns begins with you knowing exactly who you want to target. We recommend segmenting your target audiences into different segments. The first step in separating these segments by:
- Marital Status
- Geographic Location
- Number of Children
- Educational Level
- Psychographics: The next step is to dive deeper into understanding who your idea client is to create a psychographic profile that builds on the demographic profile. Psychographic data focuses on attitudes, aspirations, interests, lifestyle behaviors and other psychological criteria. Unlike building personas that uses demographics, psychographics is more touch-feely and covers subjects such as:
- Mindset and attitude
- Beliefs and opinions
- Aspirations, goals, wishes
- Interests (parental tips, travel destinations, hunting, pet ownership, politics, sports, weight loss, etc.)
- Activities (hobbies, books, stores, restaurants, TV shows, movies)
- Personality and values
- Lifestyle and priorities
- How they spend their money
- Worries, fears and aspiration
- Behavioral Analysis: The process of understanding the behavior of an audience segment builds upon demographic data and psychographic information to ascertain what influences your segments to make buying decisions such as when they buy and how they buy. Behavioral analysis of your audiences allows you garner insights into how the actions they take in relation to what you are selling and offering. Something things you should look at are:
- What type of emails and subject lines they open most
- What type of blogs do they read most
- Analytical data that triggers a sale (i.e. social media, coupons, product videos, customer reviews, etc.)
- Sales data such as time of year, holidays, special promotions
- Determining what motivates new customers
- Understanding why repeat customers continue to buy
- Product information such as who uses your product/service the most, how do they use it (time of day, week, frequency)
- How prospective customers gather information before making a purchase
- How they are affected by price, quality, convenience and prestige
By investing the time and resources into creating specific, detailed personas, you will be able to tailor-make personalized ads and email campaigns personalizing your customer experience and filling your sales funnel with qualified leads.
Interested in learning more?
We understand the challenges small businesses are facing. If you would like to learn more about shifting your marketing strategies to grow your marketshare and bottom line, let’s have a conversation. Stay informed to receive our Marketing Matters White Paper Series and Newsletter.
WUNDERWORX provides the power of real-time compliant programmatic advertising across all devices and media, leveraging sophisticated geo-spatial audience building technology from our easy-to-use platform. Let us demonstrate how programmatic, paid search and SEO can reduce wasted ad spend and time to conversion.